Author Topic: Pointless  (Read 452945 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Richard

Re: Pointless
« Reply #4305 on: June 25, 2020, 09:29:41 pm »
Cool - 104k miles will just about be run in !

I really think one of the biggest changes to life post-lockdown will be how many people will work completley at home or at least a majority of the time.

I'm self employed, but have worked at home for over 15 years despite having the use of an office for most of that time.

I don't think any employer has the excuse of "it won't work" if people have been doing it for over 3 months

There has been almost no change for me - I condenced my working week into 3 and a 1/2 days about 5 years ago and probably am doing everything in less now (early starts and some evenings)

Loads of people I know have enjoyed the family time, walks, cycling etc

I just really feel for the people who have lost their jobs, businesses etc - I hope they recover. A lot of self-employed and folk who set themselves up as sole-directors have struggled (I have mixed feelings about some of the latter)

I think we're in this work arrangement for the long haul. My employer has put some of us in an office usually used by another team who can work from home which has been a big help. Three more coming back next week, one on maternity so that's one less seat to find, so that leaves in my department - now split into two offices - just one on furlough and one (so I'm told) that is shielding.

The warehouse teams (the bulk of the 900 staff) are a different matter - they've been issued with PPE as two metre social distance is very diffeicult to maintain, but some have refused to come back from furlough. I think a few letters got sent out and some vacencies have appeared!

Richard

Re: Pointless
« Reply #4306 on: June 25, 2020, 09:33:17 pm »
These forummy things went quiet, still in contact with a c4 forumer or 4 - well I beleive they are as they go by real names now ... Currently driving a bright yellow Jazz I am

How are you enjoying Clubjazz? I thought it was you when you signed up.

Milky

    Honda Civic 1.6i VTEC
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4307 on: July 08, 2020, 10:12:02 pm »
This Motobanter revival isn't exactly working, we need more posts!

MattW

    2018 Hyundai i10
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4308 on: July 12, 2020, 08:29:59 pm »
I haven't gone away! *waves*  :)

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4309 on: August 13, 2020, 07:07:51 am »
Been away for a family holiday - was told after 2 days we'd have to quarenteen for 14 days (ends tomorrow) which was a pain in the arse, but has made almost no difference once back

Nice to see some different scenery for a while after seeing the garden and park for 5 months - sad to see somewhere we know well struggling and as quiet as it normally is end of Oct/start of Nov in the height of the season

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4310 on: September 09, 2021, 04:56:24 pm »
Hello everyone, no idea if this will still reach anyone but I hope you're all well and have made it through a pretty rotten year! I'm still alive, apologies for the death of this place for a period.. looks like my hosting cut the access after a particularly bad spammer attack on the place. However as the eagle eyed of you will notice I've kept paying the bills for the past 10 years 😁Just stopped paying the people at Flickr and realised there was still some trying to access this place!

Lets see.. personal updates:
The 306 went to the crusher in the sky.. It was replaced by a 325ti which I sold far too cheap now I realise after having a lot of fun with it at uni. The Quantum 2+2 kit car I had for a bit got sold to a chap from Czechia who successfully drove it all the way home! I had a 123d (remapped to god knows what 'stage') for a few years which was rapid but not as much fun as the 325.

Graduated in 2018, bought a narrowboat which I'm now residing on in MK doing a masters part time. Currently drive an i3 Rex + an antique Honda Insight (second gen.. total shitbox) which I got cheap off the company.

MattW

    2018 Hyundai i10
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4311 on: September 11, 2021, 11:35:03 am »
[...]

Great update!  :) And thanks for your recent PM. I'm not a big BMW fan but I really like the i3 and i8.

I still owned my 2003 Almera 2.2 dCi up until June of this year. Owned it for 10.5 years! I very nearly replaced it with a 2015 Honda Jazz 1.3 in metallic brown (!) but someone beat me to it.

Instead I bought a black 2018 Hyundai i10 1.2 SE with 32,000 miles. I love it! I seem to gel with it a lot more than I did with the Nissan. Only criticism is the lack of performance that I was used to.

My new car: 2018 Hyundai i10 1.2 SE (1) by Matt W, on Flickr

I've sinced removed the wheel trims (fronts were a bit road rashed anyway):

My 2018 Hyundai 1.2 SE by Matt W, on Flickr

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4312 on: September 11, 2021, 02:15:58 pm »
Love the little i10, I remember considering the original version back when the scrappage scheme was about. Classic 'can be driven on its door handles'  type car.

i3 is a great little car, it's a shame BMW reduced their future facing investment after the i3/i8. It'd still be competitive today if they upgraded the battery packs and electronics to the latest tech. Our lease is nearly up and we're umming and ahing between a Honda e (not as clever but just as cool design wise, however range might be a compromise too far) or something else (Ioniq 5, EV6, maybe a Soul EV or a Polestar).

Also tempted at some point to go for an Abarth 124 because I miss having something silly and convertible, but they command quite high prices still.

I should try and sort some pictures out of the various 'fleet' changes and attach them!

Milky

    Honda Civic 1.6i VTEC
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4313 on: September 11, 2021, 05:32:09 pm »
The forum revival continues!  ;D

my 22 year old Pug reached 100,000 miles a few days ago and is in for it's MOT next week, will let you know if it makes it out for another year or goes to scrap...

edit: it failed big time and likely going to the scrapyard

barky

    Honda Jazz i-vtec
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4314 on: October 04, 2021, 09:09:46 pm »
Facebook down so I checked to see if this forum was still live & feck me it is!
The word "Tory" derives from the Middle Irish word tóraidhe; modern Irish tóraí: outlaw, robber or brigand.

MattW

    2018 Hyundai i10
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4315 on: November 01, 2021, 07:20:21 pm »
The forum revival continues!  ;D

my 22 year old Pug reached 100,000 miles a few days ago and is in for it's MOT next week, will let you know if it makes it out for another year or goes to scrap...

edit: it failed big time and likely going to the scrapyard

Oh no! As the saying goes on YouTube dashcam videos: "Shitting Peugeot".

Hi @Barky. :)

barky

    Honda Jazz i-vtec
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4316 on: November 21, 2021, 06:00:20 pm »
These forummy things went quiet, still in contact with a c4 forumer or 4 - well I beleive they are as they go by real names now ... Currently driving a bright yellow Jazz I am

How are you enjoying Clubjazz? I thought it was you when you signed up.
Just spotted this  :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's not many folk on forums & I did query a few things on there - a few gentle wind ups about feck all power if I recall
The word "Tory" derives from the Middle Irish word tóraidhe; modern Irish tóraí: outlaw, robber or brigand.

Richard

Re: Pointless
« Reply #4317 on: December 02, 2021, 09:13:19 pm »
I thought this place was dead until I got a birthday greeting last week. Good to see you're still alive Panther. :)

Milky

    Honda Civic 1.6i VTEC
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4318 on: December 04, 2021, 06:33:53 pm »
I thought this place was dead until I got a birthday greeting last week. Good to see you're still alive Panther. :)

Happy Birthday  ;D

maybe that's what you should do Panther to get the old gang back, go in as the admin and change the birthdays on all their profiles to the following day and then when they get emailed hopefully they'll look back in, if only to go WTF it's not my birthday  :lol:

Richard

Re: Pointless
« Reply #4319 on: December 09, 2021, 09:23:28 pm »
I thought this place was dead until I got a birthday greeting last week. Good to see you're still alive Panther. :)

Happy Birthday  ;D

maybe that's what you should do Panther to get the old gang back, go in as the admin and change the birthdays on all their profiles to the following day and then when they get emailed hopefully they'll look back in, if only to go WTF it's not my birthday  :lol:

Thanks.

I think Craig is on Pistonheads.

Which French manufacturer became known for manufacturing a model nicknamed 'The Goddess':
Name an American electric pickup truck manufacturer starting with the letter 'R':
Who manufacturers an electric small car known as the 'e':