Author Topic: Pointless  (Read 429516 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Wilko

    Skoda Octavia 1.6 Fsi, Skoda Rapid 1.2 TSI & Alfa GTV
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4305 on: March 29, 2012, 01:45:36 pm »
Need to show us Sallys old toaster as evidence of the "meat"

Dan

    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4306 on: March 29, 2012, 02:43:38 pm »
Being comfortable in first class in Scotland relies entirely on selecting a non stop train to London or Leeds to ensure you get an East Coast service and not a shitty Scotrail one.

Must be a very busy train this one, reserved tickets everywhere. Watching some absolute idiot trying to ram a suitcase in to the overhead storage though, what a tit.
Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

DJA

Re: Pointless
« Reply #4307 on: March 29, 2012, 03:24:48 pm »
Watching some absolute idiot trying to ram a suitcase in to the overhead storage though, what a tit.

Then you realised it was a mirror!? :lol:
Goodbye, it was once fun.

Sally

    Focus
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4308 on: March 29, 2012, 03:40:46 pm »
I'd like to congratulate the Government for completely setting up a chain of panic buying nonsense with fuel. Both our local filling stations are closed as they have run out.
What tit decided to tell everyone to fill jerry cans?
If God had meant me to touch my toes, he'd have put chocolates on the floor.

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4309 on: March 29, 2012, 03:56:12 pm »
Once their is a queue, we're doomed as Brit's join the back of any queue - it's our nature !!

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

Dan

    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4310 on: March 29, 2012, 04:18:59 pm »
Guy on the seat opposite me has bought a ticket for the seat next to him so he can spread his stuff out, I might do this next time :lol:
Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

MattW

    Nissan Almera of Doom
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4311 on: March 29, 2012, 04:45:18 pm »
So it's the Easter holidays next week and the week after. I, though, am working at a 'Free' school where we have the contract for their dinner and tea service but no staff to do it. Ah well.....

Ah!

MattW

    Nissan Almera of Doom
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4312 on: March 29, 2012, 04:52:22 pm »
I'd like to congratulate the Government for completely setting up a chain of panic buying nonsense with fuel. Both our local filling stations are closed as they have run out.
What tit decided to tell everyone to fill jerry cans?

The tit was Francis Maude, I think. Highly irresponsible of the Government. For 65k+ a year one would hope that politicians would actually use their brains once in a while.

I filled up on Monday with 50 worth of derv - the most I've ever paid to refuel!

Once their is a queue, we're doomed as Brit's join the back of any queue - it's our nature !!

Too right.

Queebs

    1980 Carlton Competition
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4313 on: March 30, 2012, 12:13:49 am »
I feel sorry for all these poor sods queuing for petrol stations.  Meanwhile I can feel somewhat more smug than usual as I cruise about on my bike past any queues, the only fuel needed being food.

The whole fill up yr jerry cans things reeks of some dimwitted adviser telling the equally dimwitted Francis Maude that this would be brilliant, really evoke the national stoicism, keep calm & carry on and all that other bollocks.  Utterly hilarious that it's backfired on them.
Burn everything you cannot steal.

MrW

    997 Carrera S, Mk6 Golf GTI
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4314 on: March 30, 2012, 10:53:38 am »
Am I the only one thinking this fuel shit, has boosted revenue for the goverment and oil companies before the end of the tax year!

Craig

    1975 Jaguar XJ12C 6.0
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4315 on: March 30, 2012, 11:09:48 am »
Hmmm that could  be one way of looking at it

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4316 on: March 30, 2012, 11:55:27 am »
149.9 per litre for unleaded everywhere around here and muppets queueing up to pay for it !!

The local, ex-family run garage along the road has recently been bought out by a minor chain.

For the first 10 weeks I got vouchers with 5p a litre off (and they were always reasonable anyway) per week (so, 3 a tank, per week which was better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick). When the vouchers ran out - I noticed that their prices started going up and down like a yo-yo. When I asked what was going on, they said that the owners were expermenting as to what they could charge and still get people to pay.

Even now - the price goes up and down by up to 5p a litre depending on what time of day it is and what day it is - Sunday lunch time seems to be the best time to go.

Now there are queues - they're having a field day - robbing ************s

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4317 on: March 30, 2012, 12:15:48 pm »
149.90 per litre? :lol:

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4318 on: March 30, 2012, 12:21:13 pm »
Feels like it !!

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

Wilko

    Skoda Octavia 1.6 Fsi, Skoda Rapid 1.2 TSI & Alfa GTV
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4319 on: March 30, 2012, 12:42:57 pm »
No Strike over easter now.

So all the muppets who queued I hope you are ashamed of yourselves.

Which french car manufacturer emblem features a lion?:
Which Italian car company has a prancing horse as its emblem?:
What company owns MINI?: