Author Topic: Pointless  (Read 397151 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Proggers

    Nissan Almera of Doom
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4290 on: April 06, 2012, 07:30:17 pm »
^ That's an unsettling image.  :o
Up the Proles!

Sally

    Focus
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4291 on: April 07, 2012, 11:44:33 am »
I am so fooking cross with my daughter right now.
She went to the pub last night with a friend and they were going to walk hime together as we live in the same road. Friend pussed off with a lad leaving daughter alone. She knows I have no problem being called to pick her up in that situation. She knows I won't have her walking home alone even given how close to the town we live.
Did she call last night?
No.
Instead she got a lift.
With someone who had drunk seven pints!
She was surprised I was cross. She bloody well knows you don't get in a car with a driver who has been drinking. As I said if you do you are very likely to learn when it's far too late how stupid a thing it is to do.
If God had meant me to touch my toes, he'd have put chocolates on the floor.

Dan

    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4292 on: April 07, 2012, 12:12:24 pm »
That's really bad Sally. I'd be pissed off big time if I knew someone knowingly got in a car with a drunk driver. I wouldn't even feel comfortable getting in car with someone who has had any alcohol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

Sally

    Focus
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4293 on: April 07, 2012, 12:46:19 pm »
The really, really annoying thing is she knows better than that Dan. She knows no matter the time of night I'll go and get her to keep her safe. Hell the night before I went and picked her up from Norwich at 2.30 am. And she knos I'd have got up again this morning without quibbling.
If God had meant me to touch my toes, he'd have put chocolates on the floor.

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4294 on: April 08, 2012, 12:07:37 pm »
Very silly, disappointing that whoever drove her was prepared to risk her safety as well as his own and other drivers.

DJA

Pointless
« Reply #4295 on: April 09, 2012, 08:58:11 pm »
On the redeye Dover sailing to Dunkirk tomorrow morning.
Goodbye, it was once fun.

Proggers

    Nissan Almera of Doom
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4296 on: April 10, 2012, 01:33:53 pm »
Coffee trader refuses to serve customers talking on mobile phones.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-17624904

Nice one!  8)
Up the Proles!

Jamesmc

    Fiesta ST
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4297 on: April 10, 2012, 01:56:10 pm »
Good, really pisses me off when i'm serving someone on their phone, just bad manners.

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4298 on: April 10, 2012, 02:10:29 pm »
Aye, very sensible.

Craig

    1975 Jaguar XJ12C 6.0
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4299 on: April 10, 2012, 03:50:30 pm »
It really annoys me when you are in a queue and someone is juggling their stuff to try and pay whilst continuing to have a conversation on the phone (which is usually about banal rubbish). When are people going to understand that the phone is not the most important tool and most necessary function in life.

Dan

    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4300 on: April 10, 2012, 10:17:40 pm »
I just hate people using their phones in public, I find it so rude. People having a conversation whilst paying, whilst giving a bus driver money, whilst ordering food. I'd happily hang up on some one if I was doing something else, it's just so bad mannered.
Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

Proggers

    Nissan Almera of Doom
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4301 on: April 10, 2012, 10:59:33 pm »
It pisses me off too when it happens. Hasn't happened to me for a few months.

One time it happened to me last year I greeted this customer as per company rules and quick as a flash his arm appeared from his side clutching a mobile phone and started having a conversation with someone.  >:( He had a couple of teenage boys with him, I assume his sons, who hardly said a word as I scanned through their purchases and thereafter took payment. I got the impression that they were a bit of a weird family unit. :thumbsdown:

Kudos to the customers who do finish their calls - and even carry on with their calls but don't approach the checkouts until finished.
Up the Proles!

MrW

    997 Carrera S, Mk6 Golf GTI
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4302 on: April 10, 2012, 11:07:55 pm »
Jesus, lighten up. I agree its a little bad mannered, but there are far more pressing issues with society.

He had a couple of teenage boys with him, I assume his sons, who hardly said a word as I scanned through their purchases and thereafter took payment. I got the impression that they were a bit of a weird family unit. :thumbsdown:
.

So because they didn't speak they are a weird family unit!!  ??? why do have to judge them so negatively. They paid they didn't spout abuse. Honestly!

Sally

    Focus
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4303 on: April 11, 2012, 06:30:13 am »
Maybe you don't work where you have to deal with serving peoplewhile they are on the phone. Personally I don't lip read, understand sign language or read minds. The people behind the counters or at the checkouts are not automatons and it can be very tedious. So if you can actually be polite enough to say hello, have maybe a few words, and answer any questions rather than gesticulating or mouthing at them then it makes the day a lot better all round.
Would you expect them to sit or stand there on their mobile while serving you? Or would you find that rude?
If God had meant me to touch my toes, he'd have put chocolates on the floor.

MrW

    997 Carrera S, Mk6 Golf GTI
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4304 on: April 11, 2012, 08:48:14 am »
Sally as I stated I agree it is rude.

What I find offensive is the judgmentmental nature of Matts commets! Obviously its ok to judge people and their family unit in a matter of seconds, becuase dad is on the phone and the teenagers hardly speak. ::)

Which french car manufacturer emblem features a lion?:
Which Italian car company has a prancing horse as its emblem?:
What company owns MINI?: