Author Topic: Pointless  (Read 409675 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Dan

    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4290 on: April 03, 2012, 01:25:07 am »
Decided to sort myself out with a website and a domain name. I am going to install Wordpress on my brother's cpanel through his own server that he pays for. I will pay half the server costs if it works out.

At the moment I have just set up a redirect to my 500px.

www.danielrobertson.me

:)
Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

Dan

    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4291 on: April 03, 2012, 02:13:38 am »
Update.

Danielrobertson.me is live :D
Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

MrW

    997 Carrera S, Mk6 Golf GTI
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4292 on: April 03, 2012, 08:57:52 am »
Doesn't format very well. text is hidden under the photos.

Good photos though

Dan

    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4293 on: April 03, 2012, 09:52:28 am »
Do you mean the title of the image? For me it displays the image title at the point I mouse-over the thumbnail.

Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4294 on: April 03, 2012, 10:19:45 am »
.me ... really?

The formatting is broken unfortunately. As said the text to the right hand side of the images (comments, twitter, etc) is covered. Check how your site renders using: http://browsershots.org/

http://browsershots.org/http://www.danielrobertson.me/ (already loading them for you)

Chrome has built in web dev tools under "Inspect element" - The Audits tool is especially useful.

I assume you've already been using Google Page Speed - https://developers.google.com/pagespeed/#url=http_3A_2F_2Fwww.danielrobertson.me_2F&mobile=false

Results are good on that.

Also if you used Fantastico make sure that the Wordpress you have installed is perfectly up to date.

Dan

    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4295 on: April 03, 2012, 10:38:07 am »
.me ... really?

The formatting is broken unfortunately. As said the text to the right hand side of the images (comments, twitter, etc) is covered. Check how your site renders using: http://browsershots.org/

http://browsershots.org/http://www.danielrobertson.me/ (already loading them for you)

Chrome has built in web dev tools under "Inspect element" - The Audits tool is especially useful.

I assume you've already been using Google Page Speed - https://developers.google.com/pagespeed/#url=http_3A_2F_2Fwww.danielrobertson.me_2F&mobile=false

Results are good on that.

Also if you used Fantastico make sure that the Wordpress you have installed is perfectly up to date.

Nothing is being covered up in most of those tests.

http://browsershots.org/screenshots/d96a7c0e3ae91524a15db6d879c5498f

XP with Safari.

http://browsershots.org/screenshots/dff6bdd5a6b11379aec2c7793c299bf2

Chrome

Looks like Firefox can't handle the plugin from 500px.
Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4296 on: April 03, 2012, 11:23:38 am »
I've just been informed by a young lad, working on the IFA helpline for a major insurance company - that my clients bonus rate for the last year was "point ten percent".

"Eh?"

"That's what it says here - zero point ten, and then a percentage mark"

"Oh - 0.10% which is 0.1%?"

"Nope it definitely says point ten"

What hope have we got if you can leave school and get a job working with the publics money and you don't understand percentages???

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4298 on: April 03, 2012, 11:39:49 am »
Moneysupermarket thinks my credit rating is "good". :lol:

I've never had credit..

Dan

    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4299 on: April 03, 2012, 11:44:49 am »

If he was clever he would have said 'it was fuck all' :lol:
Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4300 on: April 03, 2012, 11:47:55 am »
Fuck all SIR.

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4301 on: April 03, 2012, 11:58:15 am »

DJA

Re: Pointless
« Reply #4302 on: April 03, 2012, 12:26:46 pm »
I've just been informed by a young lad, working on the IFA helpline for a major insurance company - that my clients bonus rate for the last year was "point ten percent".

"Eh?"

"That's what it says here - zero point ten, and then a percentage mark"

"Oh - 0.10% which is 0.1%?"

"Nope it definitely says point ten"

What hope have we got if you can leave school and get a job working with the publics money and you don't understand percentages???

Oh dear god! :lol:
Goodbye, it was once fun.

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4303 on: April 03, 2012, 01:10:43 pm »
I've just been informed by a young lad, working on the IFA helpline for a major insurance company - that my clients bonus rate for the last year was "point ten percent".

"Eh?"

"That's what it says here - zero point ten, and then a percentage mark"

"Oh - 0.10% which is 0.1%?"

"Nope it definitely says point ten"

What hope have we got if you can leave school and get a job working with the publics money and you don't understand percentages???

If he was clever he would have said 'it was fuck all' :lol:

I want it to be the square root of FA - makes my case for sacking his last "adviser" and company quite easy if they've not informed him that his money isn't even keeping pace with inflation.

0.1% is actually an improvement if you've got money stuck with another household name who haven't anounched a bonus at all since 2001

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

Queebs

    1980 Carlton Competition
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4304 on: April 03, 2012, 06:52:40 pm »

Yr site won't work on the library computers Dan.
Burn everything you cannot steal.

Which french car manufacturer emblem features a lion?:
Which Italian car company has a prancing horse as its emblem?:
What company owns MINI?: