Author Topic: Pointless  (Read 429515 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sally

    Focus
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4275 on: March 19, 2012, 06:24:57 pm »
Why wouldn't they? We looked into him renouncing it if the worst came to the worst. He point blank said he wasn't prepared to. He's proud of it.
If God had meant me to touch my toes, he'd have put chocolates on the floor.

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4276 on: March 20, 2012, 10:43:33 am »
It's a minefield - been looking into it myself.

Seems I can have dual UK and either South African or Swazi citizenship if I live there or am married to a Swazi, but the Mrs can't have dual Swazi and UK (seems you have to give up your Swazi citizenship if you take UK, even though she's been here for nearly 20 years) but she could possibly take RSA/UK as she was born in South Africa, but has a Swazi passport.

Me living and working in Swaziland as a UK citizen, married to a UK citizen is almost a non-starter - RSA should be OK though.

Nuts really..............probably have a day at the Embassy next time we're in London to see if we can get a straight answer as it's like taking to yourself on the phone trying to get a definitive answer !!

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

Fast Freddie

    Alfa 156 SW
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4277 on: March 21, 2012, 09:09:31 am »
^ you considering going over there to live then?

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4278 on: March 21, 2012, 09:41:02 am »
Probably - in a few years when the youngest has finished education or is in University.

Got to see what I make of it first though !!

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

Fast Freddie

    Alfa 156 SW
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4279 on: March 21, 2012, 12:08:58 pm »
^Big move! Good luck  8)

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4280 on: March 21, 2012, 02:37:53 pm »
Seems more appealing as time goes on !!

General plan is to partially sell up here in 4 or 5 years - should have enough behind us and contiuning income from the UK to be able to do something enjoyable (looking for cars to ship back to Europe) as well as helping the Swazi people (been considering helping to set up an independant newpaper - and getting comunication into rural areas). Would even consider Zimbabwe after Mugabe dies

Who knows - might never happen, but it's something I've dreamt about doing for a very long time and I have a good reason to do it now

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

Queebs

    1980 Carlton Competition
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4281 on: March 23, 2012, 10:10:23 pm »
Michael Moore- The Awful Truth

Following the racist murder of Trayvon Martin this is both relevant & very funny.
Burn everything you cannot steal.

Queebs

    1980 Carlton Competition
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4282 on: March 24, 2012, 06:43:35 pm »

Now that's my kind of water cooler...
Burn everything you cannot steal.

Jamesmc

    Fiesta ST
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4283 on: March 25, 2012, 09:42:57 am »
Did everyone remember to put their clocks forward?

Sally

    Focus
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4284 on: March 25, 2012, 09:48:44 am »
Yep :)
If God had meant me to touch my toes, he'd have put chocolates on the floor.

panther

  • Administrator

Dan

    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4286 on: March 26, 2012, 02:31:09 pm »
Sorry I have not been here much. Don't have Internet in my flat and my 3g costs shit loads when I go over my 500mb allowance.
Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

Jamesmc

    Fiesta ST
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4287 on: March 26, 2012, 02:36:00 pm »
Who are you with? When I go over mine I get a slower rate but it doesn't cost much.

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4288 on: March 26, 2012, 06:24:37 pm »
No worries, hope all is ok.

Craig

    1975 Jaguar XJ12C 6.0
Re: Pointless
« Reply #4289 on: March 26, 2012, 08:35:37 pm »
What is the 3 coverage like where you live? I get 15gb a month on my dongle for 15.99 a month

Which french car manufacturer emblem features a lion?:
Which Italian car company has a prancing horse as its emblem?:
What company owns MINI?: