Author Topic: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011  (Read 78886 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

panther

  • Administrator
Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« on: March 06, 2011, 09:51:20 pm »
Motobanter Coverage of Geneva 2011

(yes, one of us actually went)

The photos are uploaded, the guide done and the manufacturer by manufacturer break down complete, feel free to browse at your leisure via the links below.. Please note this thread is distinctly 56k unfriendly. :lol:

Motobanter Guide to Visiting The Geneva Motor Show (also serves as a review and something of a guide to other shows)
Flickr Photo Set

Start of the trip + Tuning and Engineering Hall
Green Pavillion (Electric vehicles and the likes, lots of concepts)

Manufacturer by manufacturer break down
Abarth - Aston Marton (also includes some AWOL makers and crowds): (Abarth, AC Schnitzer, Audi, Alfa Romeo, Artega, and Aston Martin)
Bentley - Chevrolet: (Bentley, Bertone, BMW, Brabus, Bugatti, Carlsson, Cadillac and Chevrolet)
Citroen
Dacia - Fornasari: (Daihatsu, Dacia, De Tomaso, Dodge, Ferrari, Fiat, Fisker, Ford and Fornasari)
Gumpert - Isuzu: (Gumpert, Hamann, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, and Isuzu)
Jaguar - Lotus: (Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Koenigsegg, Lancia, Lamborghini, Lexus and Lotus)
Mansory - Morgan: (Mansory, Maserati, Maybach, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, MINI, Mitsubishi and Morgan)
Nissan - Pagani: (Nissan, Opel and Pagani)
Peugeot - RUF: (Peugeot, Porsche, Range Rover, Renault, Rolls Royce and RUF)
Saab - Suzuki: (Saab, Seat, Skoda, Smart Spyker, Ssangyong, Subaru and Suzuki)
Tata - Volvo : (Tata, Tesla, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo)

Odds and Ends: (Including - MTM, AC, Irmscher,Magna Steyr, BYD, Pirelli, Zerotracer, Wiesmann and GTA)

Craig

    1975 Jaguar XJ12C 6.0
Re: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 10:06:04 pm »
You stole my idea! :lol:

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 10:10:53 pm »
:lol: Your idea.. what idea..

I'll post a guide post trip about how to visit the Geneva motorshow/what it's like. There will be emphasis on the requirement of a valid passport. :P

Anyways might as well make use of mine whilst I can still afford to. Oh and the Swiss should adopt the Euro, their currency is so dull looking..

DJA

Re: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 10:21:59 pm »
There will be emphasis on the requirement of a valid passport. :P

:lol:
Goodbye, it was once fun.

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 08:55:21 pm »
Just checked in, behave yourselves whilst I'm away.. be back in less than 24 hours...

Proggers

    Nissan Almera of Doom
Re: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 07:34:03 pm »
I didn't realise that you were actually going to it, Panther.

Here's a preview of the new Kia Picanto:
Kia Picanto 2011 - New Kia Picanto at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show
Up the Proles!

Sally

    Focus
Re: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 07:57:01 pm »
If he's stuffing his face with chocolate and doesn't bring me any back I'll not be happy! ;)
If God had meant me to touch my toes, he'd have put chocolates on the floor.

khanie

    Golf 1.9 TDi
Re: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 08:28:06 pm »
You have to get some Toblerone........

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 10:02:30 pm »
Well it's 18 hours since I got up, been to Geneva and back, walked miles and miles round boiling hot show filled with beautiful people. I am shot..

Dan

    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
Re: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 10:06:32 pm »
Shhh and upload some pics!
Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 10:07:39 pm »
BTW Daniel I think I've found heaven on earth for you.

A large emporium filled with slightly overheated very good looking German, Swiss and French boys, most of whom appear to be armed with DSLRs/expensive cameras of some kind, getting excited by a wide variety of cars including large sections devoted to Porsche, BMW and Opel. Oh and there's iPads and other web 2.0 touchy magic screens EVERYWHERE.

Geneva was a total sausage fest.

Dan

    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
Re: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 10:32:41 pm »
:lol: FABULOUS.
Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 10:40:15 pm »
:lol: Too tired to ogle all the beautiful people. Crowds were ridiculous.

DJA

Re: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 11:42:13 pm »
Please!! Enough of the homoerotic comments!
Goodbye, it was once fun.

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Motobanter Reporting From Geneva 2011
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 12:56:09 am »
Ok, won't bring up the iPad again. There were very pretty ladies as well, including two spread over a car in the tuning section (NVH insulation for the engine?). But there was a definite blokeyness to the entire thing. Think I'm now calmed/rested sufficiently to go sleep. Much more tomorrow.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Which french car manufacturer emblem features a lion?:
Which Italian car company has a prancing horse as its emblem?:
What company owns MINI?: