Author Topic: Pointless - Tech  (Read 46817 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: Pointless - Tech
« Reply #285 on: May 27, 2015, 09:38:29 am »
I'm still amazed at how Apple have convinced people that they need a £500 plastic watch, that only works with their latest phones.

Is it so difficult to take your phone out of your pocket? The target market seem to have their phone glued to their face anyway

Will they be obsolete in 3 years? Will they work as well as a half decent watch ?

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

MrW

    997 Carrera S, Mk6 Golf GTI
Re: Pointless - Tech
« Reply #286 on: May 27, 2015, 10:57:50 am »
My thoughts exactly!!!

Dan

    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
Re: Pointless - Tech
« Reply #287 on: June 05, 2015, 10:20:32 pm »
I'm still amazed at how Apple have convinced people that they need a £500 plastic watch, that only works with their latest phones.

Is it so difficult to take your phone out of your pocket? The target market seem to have their phone glued to their face anyway

Will they be obsolete in 3 years? Will they work as well as a half decent watch ?

plastic? It's made from Stainless Steel and Sapphire Crystal, with a leather strap from the Danish ECCO tannery.
Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

Proggers

    Nissan Almera of Doom
Re: Pointless - Tech
« Reply #288 on: June 06, 2015, 07:58:51 am »
My dad is nearly 80 and not very gadget minded. That aside, he's an avid watcher of BBC News 24's weekend 'Click' programme.

On an item on these Apple Watches, I think he hit the nail on the head when he mentioned how awkward it will be constantly looking at a watch for long periods at a time. The screen is very small too - surely that isn't going to be good for peoples' eyesight?
Up the Proles!

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: Pointless - Tech
« Reply #289 on: June 06, 2015, 08:35:01 am »
I'm still amazed at how Apple have convinced people that they need a £500 plastic watch, that only works with their latest phones.

Is it so difficult to take your phone out of your pocket? The target market seem to have their phone glued to their face anyway

Will they be obsolete in 3 years? Will they work as well as a half decent watch ?

plastic? It's made from Stainless Steel and Sapphire Crystal, with a leather strap from the Danish ECCO tannery.

Well, they've done an incredible job of making the "sport" look like it's made of plastic with a plastic strap

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

MrW

    997 Carrera S, Mk6 Golf GTI
Re: Pointless - Tech
« Reply #290 on: June 08, 2015, 04:07:54 pm »
It does look particulary cheap.

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Pointless - Tech
« Reply #291 on: June 22, 2015, 02:46:24 pm »
Can't say I've found a lot of use for my "smart watch". Unlike the smartphone I find it's nowhere near a necessity. Hence I couldn't justify shelling out so much more (mine was around £100) for an Apple watch.

Proggers

    Nissan Almera of Doom
Re: Pointless - Tech
« Reply #292 on: November 08, 2015, 03:34:55 pm »
With the OK of my dad, I have just acquired mum's HP PC. It's damn better than my old one, where the fan has been whirring away like a banshee. Can't remember when she bought it...2011 maybe. Now upgrading it from Windows 7 to 10.  :)

My dad isn't very PC literate, he doesn't need it anymore so I am buying it from him. Talk Talk upped their charges to £38 a month for the broadband so that's been cancelled and now my dad's moving onto 'Sky Phone'. £24 a month but free calls.
Up the Proles!

barky

    Honda v-tec
Re: Pointless - Tech
« Reply #293 on: November 08, 2015, 05:16:19 pm »
^^ wouldn't bother with windows 10 yet, maybe worth a try once a way can be found to zap the microsoft spyware included? - it's a free upgrade for a reason
The word "Tory" derives from the Middle Irish word tóraidhe; modern Irish tóraí: outlaw, robber or brigand.

Proggers

    Nissan Almera of Doom
Re: Pointless - Tech
« Reply #294 on: November 08, 2015, 06:06:42 pm »
Too late - already done!
Up the Proles!

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Which french car manufacturer emblem features a lion?:
Which Italian car company has a prancing horse as its emblem?:
What company owns MINI?: