Author Topic: Your pet hates in restaurants  (Read 13806 times)

Craig

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    1975 Jaguar XJ12C 6.0
Your pet hates in restaurants
« on: February 09, 2011, 01:52:40 pm »
This is a thread to rant about things that annoy you in restaurants.....

I will start the ball rolling -

what really annoys me are when things are not described appropriately on menu's so you end up with something you dont want. Today I ordered Chicken in red wine sauce off the menu of a well known London eatery and when it arrived it was in MARSALA sauce and I absoloutly detest marsala. Didnt make the waiter very happy when i called him back over and handed him the place to take away.

DJA

• Founder Member
Re: Your pet hates in restaurants
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 02:04:37 pm »
When your host for the night is a scouse lawyer! :lol:
Goodbye, it was once fun.

Milky

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    Honda Civic 1.6i VTEC      Peugeot 307
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 02:14:50 pm »
When you get asked if you want salt and vinegar, of course i do! oh wait, that's the chippy...

Craig

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    1975 Jaguar XJ12C 6.0
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 02:28:33 pm »
When your host for the night is a scouse lawyer! :lol:

Says he who asked for a deep fried battered mars bar in a Michelin starred London place :lol:

I also hate it when its assumed that you all want your drinks topped up. Once a waiter actually poured white wine into my water because he didnt realise which glass was which

Queebs

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    1980 Carlton Competition
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 02:29:07 pm »
Aye, what kind of mentalist wouldn't want salt and vinegar with their chips.
Burn everything you cannot steal.

Dan

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 02:54:21 pm »
When a waiter tries to start a conversation with you whilst putting food down. Please, shut up, put my food on the table and go away, I don't even want to know you were there, the food should just magically arrive.
Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

DJA

• Founder Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 03:15:18 pm »
Chinese restaurants annoy me.  No sooner have you put the last bit of food in your mouth and your place it whipped away.  Fuck off ... let me at least put my fork or sticks back down!

Craig

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    1975 Jaguar XJ12C 6.0
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 03:58:38 pm »
When a waiter tries to start a conversation with you whilst putting food down. Please, shut up, put my food on the table and go away, I don't even want to know you were there, the food should just magically arrive.

That is one thing that really marks out a starred restaurant in terms of its service. The Michelin system requires waiting staff to be "invisible" when serving food and to know exactly what was ordered by who. It really annoys me when the food comes out and the waitiing staff start shouting "fish" "steak - rare" and all that because they dont know who has ordered anything.

@DJA what annoys me more than that is when you are in a restaurant and they take your plate away because you are finished when others you are with are still eating!

Jamesmc

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    Fiesta ST
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 11:04:57 pm »
When the waiter brings one desert 15minutes before the other one because he didn't know how long it would take to prepare.

DJA

• Founder Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2011, 11:06:40 pm »
When you go to a restaurant and you order via an intercom and collect through a window! :lol:

Not As Map

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    Giulia Veloce
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 12:04:59 pm »
When they insist on asking if everything is OK 3 minutes after you've got your food and you can tell they don't give a shit.

I've been asked that and said that a) the steak wasn't cooked how I asked b) where the other lamb chop is (it said lamb CHOPS on the menu - I'm sure that means more than one !!!) c) that the rare roast beef was actually raw d) the breakfast was stone cold and on all occasions they said ok and did nowt. I'm sure at least once I asked why they bothered to ask if they didn't care.

Brits have a terrible habit of complaining under their breath and then if asked saying everything is wonderful - I don't, if it's shite, cold or a rip off - I tell people !!

"7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

Wilko

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    Skoda Octavia 1.6 Fsi, Skoda Rapid 1.2 TSI & Alfa GTV
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 12:25:56 pm »
^ when they respond, "I'll tell chef"

Christ if Chef can't cook tell the owner who at least has the option to sack chef.

I did go to a fairly local pub once for lunch and the lamb burger was under cooked  came back as charcoal. Said waitress told chef and the landlord who with out hesitation credited all our food and drink too. Top marks to him.

I also suspect that he sacked the chef because the next time we went the food was perfect.

Dan

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    16 Polo GTI 3dr Manual
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 02:37:51 pm »
People do have 'off' days at work, it either comes over as giving bad customer service, or in the case of a chef, the food is shit. It happens where I work sometime, a pizza will be sent back or something, and the chef is clearlyt having a bad dad.
Jeremy Clarkson "Every day we read obituaries about men who pressed on with the attack on a German machinegun nest even though their arms and legs had been blown off. Today disabled people get a statue in Trafalgar Square just because they got pregnant."

biggbn

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 09:30:27 pm »
when everyone is shocked after you knock out the cheeky cunt at the table next to you who wouldnt shut up even after you politely asked him a dozen times...almost spoilt my desert

Craig

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    1975 Jaguar XJ12C 6.0
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2011, 09:40:05 pm »
People do have 'off' days at work, it either comes over as giving bad customer service, or in the case of a chef, the food is shit. It happens where I work sometime, a pizza will be sent back or something, and the chef is clearlyt having a bad dad.

I dont give a fook if someone is having an off day, they are being paid and if they want and off day they can have it in their own time. I am a very demanding customer when it comes to food and if its not right then I wont put up with it.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Which french car manufacturer emblem features a lion?:
Which Italian car company has a prancing horse as its emblem?:
What company owns MINI?: