Author Topic: My parents' 'executive cars  (Read 115 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MattW

    Nissan Almera of Doom
My parents' 'executive cars
« on: July 12, 2020, 08:51:02 pm »
As some of you may know, my dad sadly passed away in early June, leaving me an 'orphan'.  :(

Now my sisters and I are sorting probate so that the house we grew up in can be sold.

While arranging the funeral, we looked at some old photos. Here are a  My parents had a mark 1 Granada 2000 L during the first half of the 1980s. It replaced a 1974 Cortina XL estate that was the family car when I was born.

1976 Ford Granada 2000 L (4 speed manual) by Matt W, on Flickr

Sick of the 'Ford petrol smell', my dad moved over to General Motors:

1979 Vauxhall Royale 2800 automatic by Matt W, on Flickr

A beast of a car the Royale was! Sadly it didn't stay for long as it was expensive to run. It was sold privately and replaced by a tappetty Talbot Horizon.

After the Horizon, MG Maestro 1600 and Suzuki ST90K came the Carlton: just as nice as the Royale but with a much more sensible 2200i engine. I got to drive this car a few times after I passed my driving test and I loved it.

1986 Vauxhall Carlton 2200i CD by Matt W, on Flickr

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: My parents' 'executive cars
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 07:03:44 am »
That Granny is a great car. A family friend used to own a garage and wedding car buisness and always drove Granada Ghia coupes - they weren't new cars at the time, but were a good looking car and always seemed massive compared to the Cortina's and Escorts I grew up in

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

Which french car manufacturer emblem features a lion?:
Which Italian car company has a prancing horse as its emblem?:
What company owns MINI?: