Author Topic: greetings - and long time not heard  (Read 4506 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

StescoG66

    Alfa Romeo Guilietta
greetings - and long time not heard
« on: April 07, 2017, 08:05:30 am »
Hi Folks

Hope all is well with you all in Motobanter Land.

Thought I would give you a wee update on the long running saga of project Sprint (yes biggbn - I still have it!!)

She's finally painted and looking swell, now the rebuild commences. To say that I am excited is an understatement. A dug with 2 dicks!! Anyway pics attached for your pleasure and discussion.

The weather here is muslim
It's either sunni or shi-ite!

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: greetings - and long time not heard
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 08:02:51 pm »
You can't beat a good 'Sud Sprint - love them. Is it a 1.5 QV? Hard to tell with no trim and bumpers

The best wheels too - I take it they're the imperial (14 inch?) version rather than the very odd metric sizes that only took Michelin tyres?

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

barky

    Honda v-tec
Re: greetings - and long time not heard
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 08:07:37 pm »
Always liked Sprints - good to know this one is heading back on the road quite? soon
The word "Tory" derives from the Middle Irish word tóraidhe; modern Irish tóraí: outlaw, robber or brigand.

StescoG66

    Alfa Romeo Guilietta
Re: greetings - and long time not heard
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 08:07:29 am »
Good morning gents. And greetings. Been a looongg time

It's a 1.7 QV and those are the metric wheels in those initial pictures. They are getting binned they were just used to roll the car around (bought mistakenly if I am honest........). Will post pics up as the thing progresses, but here is a taster with the wheels I am going to use. hopefully the pics will show up....... I really don't get on with Flikr.

Hope all is well with you all and will keep updating.

https://flic.kr/p/Tut6dr
https://flic.kr/p/TuspjZ
https://flic.kr/p/TCiru5
The weather here is muslim
It's either sunni or shi-ite!

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: greetings - and long time not heard
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 08:51:47 pm »
Not 100% sure about the 156 wheels - they look better than I would have imagined, but could look a bit big depending on tyres

Did you not have some Ronal's at some point? The 5 spoke Revolutions always looked good on the S2 cars too

That 8v 1.7 is a peach of an engine - really torquey. Doesn't rev like the 16v, but pulls from nothing

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

StescoG66

    Alfa Romeo Guilietta
Re: greetings - and long time not heard
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 03:34:28 pm »
HI NAM - thanks for the reply.

It's not the 156 wheels. These are 15" and 4 stud and I think came from a 146Ti. Offset was wrong but have got spacers on them so when viewed from the back the stance on the car is knockout. We'll see how it looks once it's complete as I have a pair of 156 Veloce side skirts which I am going to modify to fit. My thinking is that with the teledials and the skirts being a bit more rounded it will soften slightly the angular looks of the car. I also have the Sprint Zender rear spoiler but I think I will leave that off as it kind of spoils the simple lines. Also the seats are from a ph1 916 GTV. The fun with this mammoth task is starting now........
Will keep you updated.
Is anybody on here still in touch with GBN? He may be interested to have a look.
The weather here is muslim
It's either sunni or shi-ite!

gbn

Re: greetings - and long time not heard
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2017, 10:03:19 pm »
Hey Stevie boy, yeah am still around but more as an abstract concept rather than a physical entity round these parts. Great to see wee Alfa is getting near completion. I will see if I can dig out some pics of it as it was when bought. Best wishes to you all, gbn

StescoG66

    Alfa Romeo Guilietta
Re: greetings - and long time not heard
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 11:33:55 pm »
Hey Stevie boy, yeah am still around but more as an abstract concept rather than a physical entity round these parts. Great to see wee Alfa is getting near completion. I will see if I can dig out some pics of it as it was when bought. Best wishes to you all, gbn

Hey big chap - good to see you are still about. Keep in touch - you'll also get me on Pistonheads under the same username, or on stesco g66 at hotmail dot com.
What are you up to these days? still trading?
The weather here is muslim
It's either sunni or shi-ite!

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: greetings - and long time not heard
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 04:20:18 pm »
They don't seem to want to open Steve

How's it all going, anyway?

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

StescoG66

    Alfa Romeo Guilietta
Re: greetings - and long time not heard
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2018, 11:00:05 pm »
All Fine thank you - yourself?

Alternative photo hosting perhaps required on my part. Will update ASAP. Basically Sprint is painted in 167A Rosso Miro, GTV seats in place and reassembly has commenced. Getting quite excited now :-)
The weather here is muslim
It's either sunni or shi-ite!

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: greetings - and long time not heard
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2018, 04:10:07 pm »
Good stuff - all is good, little'un is 3 now, down to just the 159 Ti (but just waiting for the right Giulia Veloce to change) - had a storming 2017 on the rally front (8 outright wins, won the North of England and Scotland historic for the 3rd year on the trot, did a few Internationals) and off to do the Winter Challenge in a few weeks that finishes in Monte Carlo and then having a family holiday

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Which french car manufacturer emblem features a lion?:
Which Italian car company has a prancing horse as its emblem?:
What company owns MINI?: