Author Topic: Moving into the 21st century  (Read 4958 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fast Freddie

    Alfa 156 SW
Re: Moving into the 21st century
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 09:13:07 pm »
Yup, thrown out of John Lewis for it last month, how embarrassing  :lol:

DJA

Re: Moving into the 21st century
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2013, 09:21:39 pm »
:lol: :lol:
Goodbye, it was once fun.

Jamesmc

    Fiesta ST
Re: Moving into the 21st century
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2013, 09:35:40 pm »
Yup, thrown out of John Lewis for it last month, how embarrassing  :lol:

Download google chrome, it has incognito browsing.

Apparently  :ph43r:

DJA

Moving into the 21st century
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2013, 11:08:42 pm »
Not exactly incognito when you're standing in an aisle of a shop, cracking one off to the latest top quality, gentleman's special interest website :lol:
Goodbye, it was once fun.

Jamesmc

    Fiesta ST
Re: Moving into the 21st century
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 06:28:14 am »
No, but at least the wife won't find out  :lol:

Unless he arrives home in a police car

DJA

Re: Moving into the 21st century
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 10:32:08 am »
:lol: Oh, well that's OKL then! :lol:
Goodbye, it was once fun.

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Moving into the 21st century
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2013, 01:04:11 pm »
"Honey why won't you come with me to John Lewis?"

"I don't want to talk about it!"

MattW

    Nissan Almera of Doom
Re: Moving into the 21st century
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2014, 08:00:51 pm »
BUMP!

After 13 years I have replaced my Windows XP operating system with 8.1.  8) I was amazed my 7 year old Dell PC could take it.

Getting a bit more 'with it' now daddio! Next I shall replace my 6 year old Samsung E250 mobile phone with one of those big screen doohickeys.  :lol:

barky

    Honda v-tec
Re: Moving into the 21st century
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2014, 08:22:54 pm »
I'll be waiting till next microsoft OS, windows 10, slated for next year until I make next PC jump .... seems they're not going to have windows 9, something to do with old OS's being 9.x perhaps?  ???

Made that phone jump this year, avoiding thief magnet temptation for a moto g
The word "Tory" derives from the Middle Irish word tóraidhe; modern Irish tóraí: outlaw, robber or brigand.

DJA

Re: Moving into the 21st century
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2014, 11:14:29 pm »
Funny, I upgraded my MacBook to latest OS X release yesterday.
Goodbye, it was once fun.

Craig

    1975 Jaguar XJ12C 6.0
Re: Moving into the 21st century
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2014, 03:44:28 pm »
Funny, I upgraded my MacBook to latest OS X release yesterday.

Worth it? I might buy a Mac Mini shortly to go under the TV and once thats sorted I will update my macbook

DJA

Re: Moving into the 21st century
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2014, 09:12:56 pm »
Yes, update brings some nice new features - the hand off thing that you can start an email on one device e.g. iphone, then finish it off later on your mac is good.  I've not tried the phone feature yet (answering mobile via PC to save getting off arse to see who's calling).  Biggest new feature for me is that I can finally use the native mail, calendar, and contacts app to connect to our corporate Office 365 email server - these apps are much more lightweight that the Outlook for mac app.
Goodbye, it was once fun.

MattW

    Nissan Almera of Doom
Re: Moving into the 21st century
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2020, 11:01:04 am »
I've been meaning to get a tablet for the past few years! Never bothered.  Material possesions mean little to me nowadays.

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: Moving into the 21st century
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2020, 02:18:04 pm »
You can get a decent Android tablet for not a lot - even Ludite me has one, that I use to watch TV on the plane and ignore emails on holiday

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

Which french car manufacturer emblem features a lion?:
Which Italian car company has a prancing horse as its emblem?:
What company owns MINI?: