Author Topic: Citroen Visa  (Read 9550 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fast Freddie

    Alfa 156 SW
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 11:01:40 am »
^ true, but it's what I said anyway.

Although Aaron on here is young and he likes the Visa so at least some yoof of today have taste.

Surely not all 17 year olds are into pimped up Corsas and the like? Only the real dregs.

MrW

    997 Carrera S, Mk6 Golf GTI
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 11:24:57 am »
Aaron can't drive though! :lol:

And "pimped up" Corsas are so popular, Vauxhall sell'em like that!

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/vehicles/vauxhall-range/cars/corsa-3-door/configurator.html#/trim

gbn

Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2012, 12:31:42 pm »
i really like the original 'pig nosed' visa....even cooler....especially with the 'big bore' flat twin air cooled 650cc lump

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2012, 05:21:52 pm »
Vauxhall don't sell them to 17 year olds.

The young are no less varied than the old.. Pimped up Corsas may be cool for some, "retro" motors that are almost willfully uncool are.. cool.. for others.

MrW

    997 Carrera S, Mk6 Golf GTI
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2012, 07:14:31 pm »
Less of the young, are interested in retro cars than the older generation, thats for sure. And i'm sure very few brand new Corsa's get sold to 17 year olds, but that doesn't mean those same 17 year olds don't think they are cool, which was actually what i said I think. Virtually all the pimped up factory or otherwise current shape Corsas I see are driven by the 18-25 year olds.

Anyway I apologise for the stereotype in case I offended anyone, Maybe if it was a german car stereotype, i'd have got away with it. ::)

WilesA

    2005 Seat Leon
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2012, 07:44:42 pm »
Aaron can't drive though! :lol:

I AM LEARNING :lol:

Fast Freddie

    Alfa 156 SW
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2012, 09:20:03 pm »

I AM LEARNING  to TYPE wiTH BoTH biG LEtTerS aND icKLe oNEs :lol:

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2012, 10:33:26 pm »
Less of the young, are interested in retro cars than the older generation, thats for sure. And i'm sure very few brand new Corsa's get sold to 17 year olds, but that doesn't mean those same 17 year olds don't think they are cool, which was actually what i said I think. Virtually all the pimped up factory or otherwise current shape Corsas I see are driven by the 18-25 year olds.

Anyway I apologise for the stereotype in case I offended anyone, Maybe if it was a german car stereotype, i'd have got away with it. ::)
Difference between being interested in them and thinking they're cool. Show a group of 17 year old girls an old Fiat 500 in the stereotypical red and ask them if they think it's cool, bet they'll say yes. They don't spend their evenings discussing the finer points of air cooled engines but they do find unusual things with a "retro" look cool.

Go look at a Topman or Topshop catalogue. All kinds of hideous old shit, it was ugly the first time and it hasn't improved. But it's cool. It's "different".

Do we need a cool wall? :lol:

MrW

    997 Carrera S, Mk6 Golf GTI
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 12:07:15 am »
There's no point, I know what would be on it. Anything Italian, anything old that happens to be weird, french or both.   ;)

gbn

Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 01:59:18 pm »
a cool wall would be, erm, cool....some kind of majority vote or a consensus of say three for something to go on.....go for it

Queebs

    1980 Carlton Competition
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 03:52:12 pm »
^Sounds like a plan to me.
Burn everything you cannot steal.

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 05:42:03 pm »
I wish I could find a solid Samba - it'd make the perfect historic road rally car what cat4 is launched (post 1981 cars)

Possibly one of the best cars I've ever owned - they revved for ever, even in bog standard form had outstanding handling and were super light. I learnt to drive in one and drove them for a good few years, my Dad had to keep reminding me that all cars didn't handle as well as a Samba

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

MattW

    2018 Hyundai i10
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 01:29:38 pm »
I would have loved a Citroen Visa in my yoof.

A 17D model would have been gr8 for beating (most) Escorts and Astras off at the lights.  ;D

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Which French manufacturer became known for manufacturing a model nicknamed 'The Goddess':
Name an American electric pickup truck manufacturer starting with the letter 'R':
Who manufacturers an electric small car known as the 'e':