Author Topic: Citroen Visa  (Read 8979 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gbn

Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 02:11:18 pm »
not at all mate, there have been three in our family, an original 650 flat twin owned by mum, an 1100 re owned by myself and a visa 1360gt which was a total blast.....how can that be an expensive car?

panther

  • Administrator
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 03:55:35 pm »
:lol: It does have a certain charm. Considering it as a first car?

WilesA

    2005 Seat Leon
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 04:56:53 pm »
It's just really cute haha! I'm thinking my first car will be a Ka, there's just so many of them and they're so cheap.

Jamesmc

    Fiesta ST
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 05:07:53 pm »
A good choice just look for rust aroundnd the filler cap and the cylinder head can get oil starved due to poor design so make sure it has be regular serviced. Great cars though, really good fun, shame they never used the 1.25 Yamaha engine.

MrW

    997 Carrera S, Mk6 Golf GTI
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 07:39:17 pm »
It's just really cute haha! I'm thinking my first car will be a Ka, there's just so many of them and they're so cheap.

Make sure you get a bright green one. :lol:

Craig

    1975 Jaguar XJ12C 6.0
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 07:42:00 pm »
It's just really cute haha! I'm thinking my first car will be a Ka, there's just so many of them and they're so cheap.

Make sure you get a bright green one. :lol:

:lol: whatever happened to Soxcars? I wonder if he is still getting the train and staring at "train girl"

Queebs

    1980 Carlton Competition
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 08:15:15 pm »
I think we all scared him off!

Nout wrong with Visa's btw...would love a Visa GTi at some point.
Burn everything you cannot steal.

Fast Freddie

    Alfa 156 SW
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 09:28:30 pm »
Citron Visa... escellent. Nearly bought an absolute minter once. Didn't go for it in the end because I just wanted a cheap banger at the time and this one was almost too nice to drive. Always had a little regret about that one though.

StescoG66

    Alfa Romeo Guilietta
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 07:24:23 am »
another one of those left-field, quirky cars that I think are just brilliant. Remember the first ones had a drink can shaped pod either side of the steering wheel with all the controls on them?? Citroen eccentricity and sensibility at its best.

Talking of Citroens - have seen a couple of C6's in St Andrews this weekend and still think they are cool as fook. Not beautiful by any means, but again left field, quirky and different ;D. -Parked next to the usual sea of Naziwagens it just looked kncokout - the French resistance lives on!!!!

Oh - and on way to work the other morning clapped eyes on a mint L plate Fiat Uno 5 ddor, can't remember the last time I saw one, even in Italy (except for BigG's mates Turbo)
The weather here is muslim
It's either sunni or shi-ite!

Craig

    1975 Jaguar XJ12C 6.0
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 08:11:40 am »
Talking of Citroens - have seen a couple of C6's in St Andrews this weekend and still think they are cool as fook. Not beautiful by any means, but again left field, quirky and different ;D. -Parked next to the usual sea of Naziwagens it just looked kncokout - the French resistance lives on!!!!

That was a real missed opportunity. Saddling it with a Pug 406 based interior was the major reason for it being not to the quality required at that price point.

MrW

    997 Carrera S, Mk6 Golf GTI
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 09:28:05 am »
This is the best car every produced, why aren't they still making them?

gbn

Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 12:25:56 pm »
my visa gt was a strange spec thing..it was white with white steel wheels, it had some kind of name as special edition, 1360 engine and i always remember twin carbs..but when i think back, it was a single carb..it was an incredible hanlding wee thing and really WENT....kinda 106 rallye vibe

Fast Freddie

    Alfa 156 SW
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 09:31:44 pm »
Can't remember the spec of the one I nearly bought, definitely not a GTi though, just a bog standard car in silver with maybe an 1100cc engine? Actually I think it may have had a name (Citroen Visa *something*) but can't for the life of me remember it.

Thought it was really ugly at the time and with absolutely zero cred but still really liked it. Nowadays I don't think they're ugly, just charming. Ironically would be pretty cool for a young driver now I think, although I'm sure a lot of young oiks would disagree.

MrW

    997 Carrera S, Mk6 Golf GTI
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 09:27:14 am »
 Firstly the fact that you think its cool means that for young uns it aint. Secondly white corsas with black wheels and carbon firbre film on the roof is cool, when your 17, not an ugly old obscure french car. :lol:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Which french car manufacturer emblem features a lion?:
Which Italian car company has a prancing horse as its emblem?:
What company owns MINI?: