Author Topic: Citroen Visa  (Read 8979 times)

gbn

• Founder Member
Re: Citroen Visa
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 02:11:18 pm »
not at all mate, there have been three in our family, an original 650 flat twin owned by mum, an 1100 re owned by myself and a visa 1360gt which was a total blast.....how can that be an expensive car?

panther

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 03:55:35 pm »
:lol: It does have a certain charm. Considering it as a first car?

WilesA

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    2005 Seat Leon
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 04:56:53 pm »
It's just really cute haha! I'm thinking my first car will be a Ka, there's just so many of them and they're so cheap.

Jamesmc

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    Fiesta ST
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 05:07:53 pm »
A good choice just look for rust aroundnd the filler cap and the cylinder head can get oil starved due to poor design so make sure it has be regular serviced. Great cars though, really good fun, shame they never used the 1.25 Yamaha engine.

MrW

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    997 Carrera S, Mk6 Golf GTI
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 07:39:17 pm »
It's just really cute haha! I'm thinking my first car will be a Ka, there's just so many of them and they're so cheap.

Make sure you get a bright green one. :lol:

Craig

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    1975 Jaguar XJ12C 6.0
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 07:42:00 pm »

Make sure you get a bright green one. :lol:

:lol: whatever happened to Soxcars? I wonder if he is still getting the train and staring at "train girl"

Queebs

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    1980 Carlton Competition
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 08:15:15 pm »
I think we all scared him off!

Nout wrong with Visa's btw...would love a Visa GTi at some point.
Burn everything you cannot steal.

Fast Freddie

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    Alfa 156 SW
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 09:28:30 pm »
Citron Visa... escellent. Nearly bought an absolute minter once. Didn't go for it in the end because I just wanted a cheap banger at the time and this one was almost too nice to drive. Always had a little regret about that one though.

StescoG66

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    Alfa Romeo Guilietta
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 07:24:23 am »
another one of those left-field, quirky cars that I think are just brilliant. Remember the first ones had a drink can shaped pod either side of the steering wheel with all the controls on them?? Citroen eccentricity and sensibility at its best.

Talking of Citroens - have seen a couple of C6's in St Andrews this weekend and still think they are cool as fook. Not beautiful by any means, but again left field, quirky and different ;D. -Parked next to the usual sea of Naziwagens it just looked kncokout - the French resistance lives on!!!!

Oh - and on way to work the other morning clapped eyes on a mint L plate Fiat Uno 5 ddor, can't remember the last time I saw one, even in Italy (except for BigG's mates Turbo)
The weather here is muslim
It's either sunni or shi-ite!

Craig

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    1975 Jaguar XJ12C 6.0
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 08:11:40 am »
Talking of Citroens - have seen a couple of C6's in St Andrews this weekend and still think they are cool as fook. Not beautiful by any means, but again left field, quirky and different ;D. -Parked next to the usual sea of Naziwagens it just looked kncokout - the French resistance lives on!!!!

That was a real missed opportunity. Saddling it with a Pug 406 based interior was the major reason for it being not to the quality required at that price point.

MrW

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 09:28:05 am »
This is the best car every produced, why aren't they still making them?

gbn

• Founder Member
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 12:25:56 pm »
my visa gt was a strange spec thing..it was white with white steel wheels, it had some kind of name as special edition, 1360 engine and i always remember twin carbs..but when i think back, it was a single carb..it was an incredible hanlding wee thing and really WENT....kinda 106 rallye vibe

Fast Freddie

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
    Alfa 156 SW
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 09:31:44 pm »
Can't remember the spec of the one I nearly bought, definitely not a GTi though, just a bog standard car in silver with maybe an 1100cc engine? Actually I think it may have had a name (Citroen Visa *something*) but can't for the life of me remember it.

Thought it was really ugly at the time and with absolutely zero cred but still really liked it. Nowadays I don't think they're ugly, just charming. Ironically would be pretty cool for a young driver now I think, although I'm sure a lot of young oiks would disagree.

MrW

• Founder Member
  • Currently Driving:
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 09:27:14 am »
 Firstly the fact that you think its cool means that for young uns it aint. Secondly white corsas with black wheels and carbon firbre film on the roof is cool, when your 17, not an ugly old obscure french car. :lol:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Which french car manufacturer emblem features a lion?:
Which Italian car company has a prancing horse as its emblem?:
What company owns MINI?: