Author Topic: Classic Americana  (Read 2071 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

panther

  • Administrator
Classic Americana
« on: December 16, 2011, 09:51:27 pm »
The 1954 Desoto Adventurer II concept.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2011/12/stunning-1954-desoto-adventurer-ii.html

Looks fantastic IMO, way ahead of its time.

Not As Map

    Giulia Veloce
Re: Classic Americana
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 09:44:37 am »
That's totally out of proportion to my eyes !

Put one hand on the middle of the rear wheel and the other just behind the A-pillar, it looks like a Zagato/Farina - then, it's had a few foot added to both ends !!!!

*Edit* just read the article - it was designed at Ghia !! Thought it had that look about it, if it'd been done on a European chassis instead of an Impala, it could have been great !!

 "7k revs at the end of the rack, in a MkI - the only way to travel"
"If everything seems under control - you're not going fast enough"

Fast Freddie

    Alfa 156 SW
Re: Classic Americana
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 10:13:06 am »
Yeah as soon as I saw it I thought Ghia.

From side on it doesn't look too bad but the front and rear detailing is awful. Still much better than most of the nasty befinned land yachts that the Yanks were making at that time though.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Which French manufacturer became known for manufacturing a model nicknamed 'The Goddess':
Name an American electric pickup truck manufacturer starting with the letter 'R':
Who manufacturers an electric small car known as the 'e':